Wednesday 9 December 2015

DUEL

Hello, and thank you for tuning in.  The next episode of the 'story' will be posted up soon.  Meanwhile, here is a little story of 100 words, which you may or may not like...


DUEL

Back to back, we parted.  Only on the judge’s word should we turn, and fire.  But with each step, the silent chasm behind me grew.  Where was the call?

Over field, mountain, even across oceans I forged as straight a path as I could, leaving many horizons behind, saw whales rising from heaving seas, children begging on beaches, derelict cities, as Earth curved beneath me.

Then, after years of walking, I saw a figure on the skyline, approaching, my once adversary.  Now, on the other side of the world, differences forgotten, we met as friends, face to face.



Well, apart from this song, Shooting Stardust, that's it for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment